Senior Research Associate
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: (+88 02) 8124770, 9143326, 9126402 Ext. 143
Fax: (+88 02) 8130951
MSS (with Distinction) and BSS (with Distinction) in Economics,
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology.
MSS Thesis: “Food Insecurity, consequent Vulnerability and Coping Strategies in Monga-Prone Areas of Bangladesh: Evidence from Kurigram District in North-Western Region.”
Award: University Grants Commission Merit Scholarship 2006.
Major Professional Involvement
Bangladesh Economic Association (BEA)
Others Professional Involvement
- South Asian Network for Development & Environmental Economics (SANDEE).
- UNESCAP Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network (ARTNeT).
- UNCTAD Virtual Institute on Trade and Development.
- United Nations Online Volunteer
Energy Policy, Food Security, Economic Change and Restructuring, Applied Energy, Energy, Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews.
- Ahamad, M. G. (forthcoming). Local and Imported Coal-mix for Coal-based Power Plants in Bangladesh. Energy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning, and Policy (Taylor & Francis).
- Khatun, F. & Ahamad, M. G. (forthcoming). Liberalizing Trade in Health Services: Constraints and Prospects for South Asian Countries. International Journal of Health Planning and Management (John Wiley & Sons). DOI: 10.1002/hpm.2205.
- Ahamad, M. G. & Islam, AKM N. (forthcoming). Energy Consumption, Carbon Dioxide Emissions and Economic Growth in Bangladesh. Asia Pacific Journal on Environment and Development. Dhaka School of Economics (DScE).
- Ahamad, M. G., Khondker, R. K., Ahmed, Z. U., & Tanin, F. (forthcoming). Seasonal Food Insecurity in Bangladesh: Evidences from Northern Areas. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change (Springer). DOI: 10.1007/s11027-012-9408-0.
- Ahamad, M. G. & Tanin, F. (2013). Next Power Generation-mix for Bangladesh: Outlook and Policy Priorities. Energy Policy (Elsevier), Vol. 60(11), pp.272-283.
- Ahamad, M.G. & Islam, AKM. N. (2011). Electricity Consumption and Economic Growth Nexus in Bangladesh: Revisited Evidences. Energy Policy (Elsevier), Vol. 39(10), pp.6145-6150.
- Ahamad, M.G., Khondker, R.K., Ahmed Z.U. & Tanin F. (2011). Seasonal Unemployment and Voluntary Out-Migration from Northern Bangladesh. Modern Economy (SciRP), Vol.2 (2), pp.173-178.
- Ahamad, M.G. & Khondker, R.K. (2010). Climate Risks, Seasonal Food Insecurity and Consumption Coping Strategies: Evidences from a Micro-level Study from Northern Bangladesh. Economics Bulletin (AccessEcon), Vol. 30(2), pp.1444-1459.
- Khatun, F. & Ahamad, M. G. (forthcoming). Foreign Direct Investment in Energy and Power Sector of Bangladesh: How does it contribute to Economic Growth? CPD-CMI Working Paper.
- Rahman, M., Islam, Ahamad, M. G., Islam, AKM N., & Al Amin, M. (2012). Agricultural Trade between Bangladesh and India: An Analysis of Trends, Trading Patterns and Determinants. CPD-CMI Working Paper No. 3.
- Khatun, F. & Ahamad, M. G. (2012). Investigating the Determinants of Inflationary Trends in Bangladesh: An ARDL Bounds F-test Approach. MPRA Paper No. 42572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khatun, F. & Ahamad, M. G. (2012). Liberalizing Health Services in South Asia: Implications for Bangladesh. CPD Working Paper No. 96.
- Khatun, F., et al. (2011). Liberalizing Trade in Health Services: Constraints and Prospects for South Asian Countries. SACEPS Paper No. 24.
- Deb, U.K., Bairagi, S.K., Khaled, N., Al Amin, M., Ahamad, M.G. & Tasnima, K. (2010). Achieving Boro Rice Production Targets in FY2009-10: Challenges and Actions Required. Occasional Paper No. 87. Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD), Dhaka.
- Tanin, F., Ahmed, Z.U. & Ahamad, M. G., (2010). Does FDI intensify Economic Growth? Empirics from Bangladesh. MPRA Paper 21022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahamad, M.G., Tasnima, K., Khaled, N., Bairagi, S.K. & Deb, U.K. (2010). Infant Mortality Situation in Bangladesh in 2007: A District Level Analysis. MPRA Paper 21102, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paper presented on “Impact of energy use and carbon emissions on economic growth in Bangladesh” at SANDEE Summer School, organized by SANDEE, on 22 May 2012, in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Paper presented on “Climate Risks, Seasonal Food Insecurity and Consumption Coping Strategies: Evidences from a Micro-level Study from Northern Bangladesh”, at Young Scholars’ Seminar Series (YSSS), organized by Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD), on 25 July 2010, in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Deb, U. K., Ahamad, M. G., Islam, AKM N., Al Amin, M., Khaled, N., Nabi, A., Bantilan, M. C. S., Singh, N. P., (2013). Vulnerability to Climate Change: Adaptation Strategies & Layers of Resilience-Mainstreaming Grassroots Level Adaptation and Building Climate Resilient Agriculture in SAT* Bangladesh. ICRISAT Policy Brief No. 21. International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), India.
- Khatun, F., Ahamad, M.G. & Jahan, N. (2009). Impact of Global Financial Crisis on Agriculture Sector in Bangladesh. CPD Policy Brief No. 45.
- Alternative SHS Electrification in Rural Bangladesh: The Economics of Trust. Energy & Power, Vol. 8(24) pp. 27, 1 Jun 2011.
- Prerequisites of Investment Decision at Stock Market. The Financial Express, 11 Apr 2010.
- Intensifying Pre-crisis Coping Strategies. The Financial Express, 15 Jul 2009.
Areas of Interest
- Prices & Food Security, Energy & Power, International Trade, Research Design, Quantitative Analysis and Randomized Evaluation.
- GIZ-BMZ workshop on “Moving Towards Universal Health Coverage: Learning through South- South Partnerships” on 10-12 Sep 2012, in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- SANDEE “Summer School in Environment and Resource Economics”, on 7-23 May 2012, in Bangkok,Thailand.
- UNU- IHDP training workshop on “Asian Development Pathways in the Context of Transitions Towards a Green Economy”, on 17-21 Oct 2011, in Nanjing, China.
- ICRISAT write shop on “Vulnerability to Climate Change: Adaptation Strategies and Layers of Resilience”, on 26-30 Sep 2011, in Hyderabad, India.
- WTO/ESCAP Seventh ARTNeT capacity building workshop for Trade Research, on 12-16 Sep 2011, in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
- CPD-CMI training workshop on “Input-Output Analysis, Social Accounting Matrix and CGE Modeling”, organized by CPD, on 5-15 Apr 2011, in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- SNADEE-ERG proposal writing workshop on “Environmental and Natural Resource Economics”, organized by SANDEE and ERG, on 2-6 Mar 2011, in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Second Civil Society Forum on “Responding to Food Insecurity in South Asia”, organized by SAWTEE, on 24-25 Feb 2010, in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- SAWTEE launch meeting on “Trade, Climate Change and Food Security Programme in South Asia,” organized by the South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics and Environment (SAWTEE), on 23 Feb 2010, in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Chevron and SMEC International (BD) training workshop on “Initial Environmental Examination Survey”, on Nov 2009, in Sylhet, Bangladesh.
- IUCN training workshop on “Field Survey and Data Collection Techniques”, on Jan 2008, in Sylhet, Bangladesh.