Phone: (880 2) 9141734, 9141703, Ext. 142 (work)
Cell: (88) 01816320602 (cell)
Mr. Mostafa Amir Sabbih, is a Development Economist by training and a Research Associate at the CPD, Bangladesh. He has completed his graduation and post-graduation in the area of Development Studies from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. He had previously carried out research for other international organizations like Oxfam and Mott MacDonald, before joining CPD. His areas of research interest at CPD include sustainable development, macroeconomic management, food security, climate change, education, health and poverty analysis. He participated as a delegate in the first International Student Energy Summit held in Norway. Recently, he had moderated a session in Asian regional dialogue titled “Starting Strong: The first 1000 days of the SDGs”, organised by ODI, Southern Voice and CEPA, held in Sri Lanka. He also participated in several national level training and capacity building workshops.
List of Publications
- Rahman, M.; Khan, T.I.; & Sabbih, M.A. (2016). Budget for Education in Bangladesh: An Analysis of Trends, Gaps and Priorities. Dhaka: CAMPE and CPD.
- Khan, T.I. & Sabbih, M.A. (2015). District Budget Experience in Bangladesh: The Case of Tangail (Chapter 3). In. CPD. (2015). Bangladesh Economy in FY2014-15: Third Interim Review of Macroeconomic Performance. Dhaka: Centre for Policy Dialogue.
International Country Studies
- Rahman, M., Khan, T.I., Sadique, Z. and Sabbih, M.A. (2015). Measuring for Monitoring: The State of Data for SDGs in Bangladesh. Ottawa and Dhaka: NPSIA and CPD. Retrieved from http://www.post2015datatest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Bangladesh-Country-Report-Final.pdf
Working Paper/Occasional Paper
- Rahman, M.; Khan, T.I.; Sadique, Z.S. & Sabbih, M.A. (2016). Addressing the Deficits: An Action Plan for Data Revolution in Bangladesh. Southern Voice Occasional Paper No. 34. Dhaka: Southern Voice.
- Rahman, M.; Khan, T.I., Sabbih, M.A. and Pervin, S. (2015). Delivering on data needs for monitoring SDGs: Addressing financing issues in Asia-Pacific context. Paper presented at the Expert Group Meeting on Asian Partnership in Financing SDGs, Dhaka, 17 May 2015. Retrieved from http://cpd.org.bd/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Working-Session-3_Data-Financing.pdf
- Bhattacharya, D.; Khan, T.I. and Sabbih, M.A. (2015). SDG 16 in the Bangladesh Context: Peace and Security, Human Rights and Governance. Paper presented at the Citizen’s Platform for SDGs, Bangladesh, Dhaka, 28 July 2016. Retrieved from http://cpd.org.bd/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Paper-on-SDG-16-in-the-Bangladesh-Context.pdf