Telephone: (+88 02) 8124770, 9143326, 9126402 (Ext-142)
Fax: (+88 02) 8130951
Shahida Pervin is a Research Associate at the Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD), Bangladesh. Her major research interests include macroeconomic analysis, monetary and banking sector, labour economics, resource mobilization, poverty and inequality, agricultural economics and food security, gender, international economics, research design and quantitative methods. Shahida completed her BSS (Hons) and MSS in Economics from Jagannath University, Bangladesh securing top position in the Faculty of Social Science and Department of Economics. Accordingly, she has been awarded with Prime Minister Gold Medal 2011 and University Grants Commission (UGC) Merit Scholarship 2010. Shahida has published in national and international peer-reviewed journals and edited volumes.
- Pervin, S., Khan, M. A. & Shah, M. M. H. (2014). Household-level Analysis of Women’s Power Practice in Old Dhaka City, Bangladesh. Journal of Comparative Asian Development, 13(1), 174-203. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15339114.2014.899070#.U_mzbvmSyxU (Journal Article)
- Shah, M. M. H. & Pervin, S. (2013). External Public Debt and Economic Growth: Empirical Evidence from Bangladesh, 1974 to 2010. Academic Research International, 3(2), 508-515. http://www.savap.org.pk/journals/ARInt./Vol.3(2)/2012(3.2-64).pdf (Journal Article)
- Khatun, F., Khan, T. I., Pervin, S. & Jahan, H. (2015). Estimating Women`s Contribution to the Economy: The Case of Bangladesh. Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD), Dhaka. (Book)
Training and Workshop (Selected)
- 11th ARTNeT Capacity Building Workshop for Empirical Trade Analysis “Impact of trade facilitation and aid for trade” jointly organized by WTO/ESCAP during 21-24 December 2015, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Training on “Labour Economics: Theories, Methodologies and Research Issues” organized by South Asia Research Network on Employment and Social Protection for Inclusive Growth (SARNET), a research and network programme being implemented by the Institute for Human Development, New Delhi in collaboration with UN ESCAP and ILO with support from Internal Development Research Centre (IDRC), Canada during 27 October – 7 November, 2015, New Delhi, India.
- Workshop on “Universal Health Care, Anti-Microbial Resistance & Access to Medicines” organized by Third World Network with the support of the Commonwealth Foundation during 6-7 April, 2015, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Training on “CGE Modeling” organized by South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics and Environment (SAWTEE), South Asian Network on Economic Modeling (SANEM) and Centre for WTO Studies (CWS) during 20-24 November, 2014, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Training on “System of National Accounts” organized by Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS) during 16 – 20 February, 2014, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training on “Research Methodology” organized by Bangladesh Economics Teachers Association (BETA) during 21 April – 9 May 2012, Dhaka, Bangladesh.